1. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
In compliance with Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and eCommerce (LSSI-CE), Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU (FUAO-CEU) informs that it is the owner of the website http://www.uaoceu.es/en. In accordance with the requirement of Article 10 of the aforementioned Law, Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU provides the following details:
The owner of this website is Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU, with CIF G63095848 and registered offices at C/Bellesguard, 30 08022 Barcelona, registered in the Registry of Foundations of the Generalitat de Catalunya with number 1829. The email address to contact the organisation is: [email protected]
2. PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITE
The purpose of this website is to publicise the services offered by Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU, as well as to offer a space between the student/parent or guardian and the entity, in order to be able to use its resources. All the spaces on the website are enabled for consultation and use, and their content is in line with the activities of the website you are browsing.
The User is responsible for reading these conditions of use, and accepts them if they continue to browse and are obliged to comply with them. We recommend that you read the following points carefully:
3.1. Responsibility regime
Browsing, accessing and using the website, as well as the spaces provided for interaction between the User and the organisation, such as blogs and social networks (henceforth the website), of Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU confers upon you the status of User, and by browsing the website content of Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU you accept all the conditions of use established herein, without prejudice to the application of any corresponding legally binding regulations, as applicable.
The website of Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU provides a wide range of information, services and data. The User assumes responsibility for making proper use of the website. This responsibility shall extend to:
- The veracity and legality of the information provided by the User on forms provided by Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU to access certain content or services offered by the website.
- The use of the information, services and data offered by Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU, may not contravene the provisions of these conditions, the Law, morality and public order, or in any other way imply a violation of the rights of third parties or the very operation of the website.
3.2. User obligations
Users are obliged to use the contents of the website in a diligent, correct and lawful manner and, in particular, they undertake to refrain from:
- Reproducing, copying, distributing, communicating, transforming or modifying content without prior authorisation from the holder of the corresponding rights or as allowed under law;
- Deleting, evading or manipulating the copyright and other data identifying the rights of Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU or its owners incorporated into the content, as well as the technical protection devices, digital fingerprints or any other information mechanisms that may be included in the content;
- Using the content and, in particular, information of any kind obtained through the website or services to send advertising, communications for direct sale or any other commercial purpose, unsolicited messages addressed to a number of people regardless of purpose, and to refrain from marketing or disclosing in any way such information.
Likewise, it will pursue the breach of these conditions, as well as any undue use of the content presented on this website, exercising all civil and penal actions available under the law.
4.1. Responsibilities of the website
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU does not guarantee the continuity, availability or usefulness of the website, its services or its content. It is therefore not responsible for any possible damages of any nature that could be derived therefrom for Users. This is without prejudice to the provisions of these conditions of use:
4.2. Exclusion of guarantees and responsibility for the content of the website:
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU does not guarantee the absence of viruses or other elements that might produce alterations in the User’s computer system or in the digital documents or files stored therein.
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU does not guarantee the legality, reliability, truthfulness, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content.
As such, Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU shall not be liable for any possible damages of any nature that may arise for Users due to possible technical deficiencies, alterations in the service that may occur due to faults in the electric system, data connection network and/or server.
5. POLICY ON LINKS AND DISCLAIMERS
5.1. Exclusion of guarantees and responsibility for the services content stored off the website:
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU shall not be held responsible for damages of any kind that may arise for Users from any content of websites that the User might access via links on its website.
The website makes or may make available to Users technical link devices (such as, among others, links, banners and buttons), directories and search tools that allow Users to access websites belonging to and/or managed by third parties. The presence of these links, directories and search tools on the website has the sole purpose of facilitating users to search and access information available on the Internet. Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU does not offer or market, itself or through third parties, the products and services available on these linked sites. Nor does it guarantee the technical availability, accuracy, truthfulness, validity or legality of sites not of its property that can be accessed through such links.
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU declares that under no circumstances will it examine or exercise any type of control over the content of other websites, nor does it approve, monitor or make its own the products and services, content, information, data, files and any other type of material existing on the aforementioned linked sites. The Users must, therefore, be extremely prudent in the assessment and use of the services, information, data, files, products and any other kind of material present on such sites.
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU does not guarantee or assume any type of responsibility for damages of any kind that may be due to:
- The operation, availability, accessibility or continuity of the linked sites.
- The maintenance of the services, information, data, files, products and any kind of material existing on the linked sites.
- The provision or transmission of services, information, data, files, products and any kind of material on the linked sites.
- The quality, legality, reliability and usefulness of the services, information, data, files, products and any other kind of material existing on the linked sites, in the same terms and with the same scope provided in general condition 9.2 regarding the contents and services provided by third parties through the page.
- The inappropriate use, contrary to the Law, morality, good customs or public order, that the User may carry out on the linked sites.
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU declares that it has adopted all the necessary measures to avoid any damage to Users of its website that may arise from browsing its website. Consequently, Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU shall not be held responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage that the User may suffer as a result of browsing the Internet.
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU reserves the right to make any changes it deems appropriate, without prior notice, to the content of its website, both with regard to the content of the website and the conditions of use thereof. Such modifications may be made through the website by any legally admissible means and shall be binding for as long as they are published on the website and until they are modified by subsequent changes.
7. DATA PROTECTION
In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of their personal data and on the free movement of such data, and which repeals Directive 95/46/EC, we inform you that your data will be processed under the responsibility of FUAO-CEU) in order to provide you with requested information, as well as to keep you informed about initiatives and events that might be of interest to you in the educational field or which might help us better understand your educational needs. Furthermore, we inform you that profiles will be created in order to find out about the products or services that best suit you, as well as the best way of communicating them to you, according to your preferences or habits shown, and which are offered either by our foundation or entities linked to it (*).
FUAO-CEU informs you that the grounds for the indicated data processing can be found in the consent given by the data subjects or, where applicable, by their legal representatives.
Similarly, FUAO-CEU informs you that the data will be stored as long as the consent given by you is valid, except for cases in which we are legally obliged to keep it for longer.
FUAO-CEU informs you that it will process the data in a lawful, fair, transparent, adequate, relevant, limited, accurate and up-to-date manner. Therefore, FUAO-CEU undertakes to take all reasonable measures to remove or rectify data without delay where it is inaccurate.
We inform you that your personal data is expected to be communicated by FUAO - CEU to Foundations, Institutions and Centres, dependent on or with links to CEU (*), for their own management purposes, as well as to be able to keep you informed of the activities and projects they carry out. We inform you that your data is not expected to be transferred overseas.
In accordance with the rights conferred on you by current data protection legislation, you may contact the competent Control Authority to present any claims you deem appropriate, and you may also exercise your rights of access, rectification, limitation of processing, suppression, portability and opposition to the processing of your personal data, as well as the withdrawal of the consent you hereby give for the processing of your data, by addressing a request to FUSP CEU, with address at c/Tutor 35 (Madrid), or to the email address [email protected].
In relation to the rights of access, rectification, limitation of processing, suppression, portability and opposition to processing, which can be exercised by you with regard to data held by FUAO-CEU, in accordance with Chapter III of the GDPR, you should take into account the following aspects:
- Right of Access: it is the user’s right to obtain information about their specific personal data whose processing has been or will be carried out by FUAO-CEU, as well as the information available about the origin and communication of such data.
- Right of Rectification: this is the right of the person concerned to have data that is found to be inaccurate or incomplete amended. It may only be satisfied in relation to information that is under the control of FUAO-CEU (for example, to eliminate comments published on the website, or images or web content including the personal data of the user).
- Right to Limit Processing: this is the right to limit the purposes of the processing originally intended by the data controller.
- Right of Deletion: is the right to delete the user’s personal data, except in the circumstances provided for in the GDPR itself or in other applicable regulations that oblige us to conserve data in the form and for the period specified.
- Right of Portability: this is the right to receive from FUAO-CEU the personal data provided by the user, in a structured, commonly-used format that can be read on a computer, and to transmit them to another data controller.
- Right of Opposition: it is the user’s right not to have their personal data processed or to have the processing stopped by FUAO-CEU.
In order to exercise any of the rights described above, you must comply with the following requirements:
- Written submission to: c/Tutor 35 (Madrid) or via email: [email protected].
- The letter sent by the data subject with the request must comply with the following legal requirements:
- Name, surname of the interested party and a copy of their ID. In those exceptional cases where representation is admitted, it will also be necessary to identify via the same means the representative, as well as a document proving representation. The photocopy of the ID may be replaced provided that the identity is proven by any other means valid under the law.
- The request must be specified (what is being requested or what information you would like to access). If you do not refer to a specific file, you will be provided with all the information that we have with your personal data. If you request information from a particular file, only the information in this file will be provided. If you request information about a third party, it can never be provided. If you request it over the phone, you will be instructed to do so in writing and will be told how to do so and the address to which to send it. You will never be given information over the phone.
- Address for notification purposes.
- Date and signature
- Any supporting documents for the request you are making.
- The interested party must use any means that enable them to prove that the request has been sent and received.
FUAO-CEU has appointed a Data Protection Delegate (“DPD”) in charge of ensuring compliance with data protection regulations in the processing carried out by our institution. You can contact the DPD to ask questions, exercise your rights or send suggestions, via email: [email protected] FUAO-CEU will be responsible for the processing of the data entered in forms on the website and will also have to adopt the necessary technical and organisational measures, in accordance with the risk involved in such processing for the data obtained. These are established in data protection regulation, aimed at ensuring the security of personal data and avoiding its alteration, loss, or unauthorised access or processing.
*Institutions, dependent centres and CEU Foundations: Fundación Universitaria San Pablo-CEU, Fundación San Pablo Andalucía, Fundación San Pablo Castilla y León, Fundación San Pablo Sanchinarro, Fundación Abat Oliba, Fundación San Pablo para Ayuda al Estudio, Colegio Mayor Universitario de San Pablo, Fundación Cultural Ángel Herrera Oria and Asociación Católica de Propagandistas
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU , by itself or as an assignee, is the owner of all the intellectual and industrial property rights of this website, as well as the elements contained therein (by way of example but not exhaustively, images, sound, audio, video, software or texts, brands or logos, colour combinations, structure and design, selection of materials used, computer programs necessary for its operation, access and use, etc.), which are the property of Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU. As such, these works are protected as intellectual property under the Spanish legal system, subject to both the Spanish and European regulations in this field, as well as the international treaties on the subject signed by Spain.
All rights reserved. By virtue of the provisions of Articles 8 and 32.1, paragraph 2, of the Law on Intellectual Property, it is expressly forbidden to reproduce, distribute and publicly communicate, including making available, all or part of the contents of this website, for commercial purposes, in any format and by any technical means, without the authorisation of Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU.
The User undertakes to respect the Intellectual and Industrial Property rights owned by Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU. You can view the elements of the portal and even print them, copy them and store them on the hard drive of your computer or on any other physical medium as long as it is solely and exclusively for your personal and private use. The User must abstain from deleting, altering, eluding or manipulating any protection device or security system that was installed on the Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU pages..
9. LEGAL ACTIONS, APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Fundació Privada Universitat Abat Oliba CEU also reserves the right to take any civil or criminal action it deems appropriate for the improper use of its website and its contents, or for failure to comply with these conditions.
The relationship between the User and the provider will be governed by the regulations in force and applicable in Spanish territory. If any dispute arises in relation to the interpretation and application of these conditions of use, the parties may submit their disputes to arbitration or resort to the ordinary jurisdiction by submitting to the judges and courts of the city of Barcelona.